Have you ever driven by a home that you just fell in love with? What made you feel drawn to the property? Most of us, at one time or another have experienced this emotion when looking for a home or just taking a leisure Sunday afternoon drive.
There is nothing better than a freshly mowed lush lawn with beautiful landscaping to create “Curb Appeal”. Let’s face it, the exterior of your home is the first impression to a perspective homebuyer. Step back and take a good look at the exterior of your home and make a list of things you can do for a face lift. It is really pretty easy to get started:
- Remove the weeds from your flower beds and add mulch. My favortie is the black mulch. It gives a nice pop to your gardens.
- Trim your shrubbery. Nothing worse than out of control bushes.
- Pressure wash the driveway and sidewalks. Take a look at your siding and make sure there is nothing green growing.
- Does the front door need a fresh coat of paint?
- Clean windows. You can see the sparkle from street.
- Add a few baskets of bright flowers by the front door to welcome your guests.
- Paint or replace your mail box.
- Garage Door – does it need painted or replaced?
- Lighting fixtures. Replace or maybe spray paint these for a fresh look.
Most of the items mentioned are truly general maintenance items. All of these items can be accomplished over just a couple of weekends.
For more information, feel free to contact Catrina Foster Real Estate Group at 865-414-9901.